Since reopening at the start of September we had a slow and steady return to some normality with many of our regular hirers returning, eager to run face to face sessions. Some class sizes started out with smaller numbers as might be expected but with all the safety measures we have in place confidence has grown and attendance has increased.
Things continued to improve throughout October and we were hoping to add even more regular activities to our weekly schedule in November and then…BOOM…Lockdown 2 struck!
In line with the new Government Regulations we have again had to close for most of our usual business however there are a limited number of exempt activities as set out below, including: –
· education and training
· childcare purposes and supervised activities for children
· blood donation and food banks
· to provide medical treatment
· professional dancers and choreographers
· for the purposes of professional film and TV filming
· Support groups that have to be delivered in person can continue with up to 15 participants where formally organised to provide mutual aid, therapy or any other form of support. This includes, but is not limited to, support to victims of crime, people in drug and alcohol recovery, new parents and guardians, people with long-term illnesses, people facing issues relating to their sexuality or gender, and those who have suffered bereavement, and vulnerable young people, including for them to meet young workers
· Parent and child groups can continue where they provide support to parent and/or child, and children under 5 will not be counted within the 15 person limit – meaning parents and carers can attend such groups in larger numbers
Should you have a requirement which falls within these parameters then we would be able to open for your activity so please do get in touch.
All being well, we will be back to our usual operations from the 3rd December and our regular calendar of events will resume. Keep an eye on our social media pages for regular updates.
There are still some hire slots available in December and looking further in to 2021 so please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Please note our Christmas holiday dates: – Monday 21st December to Sunday 3rd January 2021 – CLOSED
Do take care during these times and we hope to see you again very soon.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 279587.