We have been back in operation for just over a month since our unexpected closure due to the pandemic and it has been great to see some familiar faces again!
As you can expect we have had to change our policies and procedures. Our hirers have embraced these new operations and we are all working together to make the building as safe as possible for all our guests. It is great to see the flexibility and enthusiasm from everyone to really make things work through these difficult times.
Not all of our groups have been able to return but we hope that in time they will. We have however got some new activities so maybe there is something happening which may be of interest to you? Check out our list of regular activities at the end of this newsletter.
We have some good availability for weekdays and weekends so if you are considering hiring the venue for your meeting, club or activity please get in touch to find out about dates and times for regular or one-off occasions.
As a Covid-19 secure venue operating within government guidelines we are able to host meetings and activities in our main hall for groups larger than 6 (up to a maximum of 30). Whilst activities may have 6 or more people participating (where it is safe to do so) it is important for all parties to maintain socially distant – 2 metres or 1 metre with actions taken to reduce the risk of transmission (where 2 metres is not viable) between households. For example, use of face coverings and encouraging good hand hygiene on entering premises and throughout visit.
If you are considering hiring our hall or meeting room and have any further questions about current regulations then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 279587 and I will be happy to help.
Current regular activities –
- Everyone Health are holding NHS health checks on the following dates; 12th October, 2nd November & 7th December 2020 9am-12.30pm
- Clubbercise fitness classes are on every Monday from 6.30 to 7.30pm
- ((Bounce)) are here every week from 6.00 to 7.00pm
- West Coast Swing dance lessons are on weekly from 8.00 to 10.15pm
- ((Bounce)) are here for 2 weeks per month from 7.00 to 8.00pm
- The Girton WI will be returning for the first Wednesday of each month from 7.30pm
- The Girton Garden Society hope to resume meetings in the new year
- ((Bounce)) are here weekly from 9.45 to 10.45am
- Pilates with Jane Mansley is on weekly from 7.15 to 8.15pm
- Shake Rattle & Roll is a music group for pre-schoolers and they will be holding regular Friday morning sessions. Get in touch for more information on upcoming dates.
- Tribe Youth Club run by the New Life Church is here most Fridays from 7.00 to 9.00pm
- ((Bounce)) are here every week from 9.00 to 10.00am
- Rachel Moore hosts monthly Yoga Flow sessions on a Saturday morning
- Girton Baptist church are currently holding worship sessions at the Centre on the second Sunday of the month.
Also, we have monthly visits from Little City creating their magic for toddlers and returning in November are Barre and Core classes with Nikki Baring. For updates and information check out their websites –
Please check out our activities page if you require any further information about any of these sessions.
Hope to see you soon!